View Single Post
Old 24th June 2019, 03:21

Christer Bergström is on a distinguished road
Re: Black Cross - Red Star. Air War over the Eastern Front, Vol. 4: Stalingrad to Kuban 1942-1943.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry deZeng View Post
Hi Christer,

Your sample is an example of what makes your BC/RS series a truly unique standout work. Your ability to weave the German and Russian side of the history together is quite remarkable. I just wish more were interested in this style of history instead of the endless monographs on individual aircraft and aces. Yawn. You are the only one who has covered the history of the air war over the Eastern Front comprehensively in English (or any other language for that matter). You deserve high praise and hearty congratulations!

Larry de Zeng

P.S. Please let us know when distribution of this latest volume takes place so we can get our orders in.
Wow, thank you very much for your most kind and encouraging words, Larry! That's what keeps me working - like yesterday, when I was working from 1500 hrs (pm) to 0600 hrs (am) the next morning on the selection of photos for Chapter 6 (in all +30 photos for that chapter, most of which are from German and Russian pilot veterans' private photo albums).

Christer Bergström

http://www.bergstrombooks.elknet.pl/