View Single Post
Old 26th September 2005, 18:37
Alter Hase

Franek Grabowski is on a distinguished road
Re: Bombing civilian targets by the Luftwaffe?

Mr Emmerling criticised me because of my claim of importance of so called 5th collumn and is tending to ignore it in any way.

However according to Polish sources, in a wreck of a He 111 downed by Włodzimierz Gedymin on 2.09.1939, a 4 page instruction entitled 'Merkblatt zur Bekanntgabe an die gegen Polen eingesetzten Truppen'. It was a summary of an NOKW-083 instruction of 23.08.1939 by Gen. Erwin Lohausen, who was responsible for German spec ops. It included callsigns and recognition markers for communication with the German minority and diversants.

How it worked is explained eg. by kpt. pil. Kowalczyk of IV/1 Dywizjon. In his report he mentioned that near Poniatów airfield there was a village of German colonists. Early on 3.09 Dywizjon lost wire connection, likely due to sabotage. There were seen signs to German airmen send from the village, at night by lights. A few times taking off aircraft were fired at by a machine gun from a nearby wood and kpt. Kowalczyk himself was shot at (missed) from a gun, when returning at night from a briefing on 2.09.

There are hundreds if not thousands of such accounts. I suppose Mr Emmerling will explain it is only a Polish sick imagination andtypical Polish lies.