View Single Post
Old 11th May 2013, 21:35
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about
Re: Hornets nest or RLM 83 Darkblue

I would feel a whole lot happier about the FSM thread if it didn't contain statements like "I came across a total goldmine in a dusty archive" and "I was lucky enough to find a ... Panther 'G' tank ... while on holiday and swimming in a river."

That's one hell of a lot of luck but precious few specifics. What's more, snapdragonxxx elaborates on the chaos of the last weeks of the war but asks us to accept that in the midst of that someone nevertheless managed to compile a tri-service paint chart including unit-level variants. And then — more luck — a model paint company is found to have achieved 99.9% accuracy without benefit of the "goldmine."

It will be great if this document exists and is everything snapdragonxxx says but its credibility would be helped enormously by the provision of proper references that anyone could cross-check. That would be good history and good science. All we have at present is a good story.

Last edited by Nick Beale; 12th May 2013 at 10:25. Reason: misplaced apostrophe