View Single Post
Old 7th December 2005, 11:01
Alter Hase

Brian is on a distinguished road
Re: A question RE: Shore's 'Air War for Burma'

Hi Nick and others

The last time I was called a Cool Dude was by my little granddaughter! But thanks anyway! Just one point - as an air historian/writer with 20+ books to my credit - I believe that bods like me who write about times before we were born and have no experience of being in the armed services, let alone a pilot - should be chroniclers of events that occurred and not judge and jury. That's just my opinion but one I have always observed. The reason I mention this is that American historian/author Dan Ford was highly critical of my 'Buffaloes over Singapore' because it was full of first-hand accounts (gathered over many years of painstaking research and dedication to seeking the truth) - and did not contain my personal opinions and cionclusions. I didn't respond to him at the time - but should he read this - hard cheese! I will continue my style and he can continue his! Fair dues! Here endeth the sermon. You may or may not agree with me - perhaps you'll let me know. I can take criticism (I hope!!)

Cheers
Brian