View Single Post
Old 13th May 2014, 01:47

Richard T. Eger is an unknown quantity at this point
PBS Video - "Nazi Mega Weapons: Jet Fighter Me 262"

Dear All,

There appears to be a tendency for concerns such as PBS to do extremely superficial documentaries, this one included. It is a terrible jumble of old film footage; clumsy reenactments of events that try to summarize points but in and of themselves, such events never took place; minimal effort CGI; video of new-build Me 262 White 3 that somehow converts from 1-place to 2-place in the same flight; and really disjointed story telling of the 3 areas upon which the film focuses: Kahla/Walpersberg, St. Georgen/Bergkristall, and the carapace structure at Mühldorf. The storytellers take on a gee-whiz attitude. Missing is any really substantive history of the Me 262, itself. It is a muddled mess of poor information.

When I see a mess like this, all I can imagine is that some company staff member who hasn't a clue is given the assignment of doing a documentary on "X" and, by the way, there isn't a real research budget to actually learn the subject. The bad thing here is that this stuff is foisted on the public as being fact and, seeing as many probably know even less than the staff member, it is likely accepted as such. Shame on PBS and others for putting such tripe together.

Regards,
Richard