View Single Post
Old 16th November 2018, 19:50

Mikkel Plannthin
Re: Danish Pilot Peter Horn - aircraft info wanted

Michael
Just to set things straight. We are a number of Danes interested in aviation history who would like to tell the story of all pilots no matter who they fought for. As it happens my interest is mainly volunteers (pilots as well other trades) in the Allied air forces, but my website is dedicated to WW2 aviators fighting in all air forces.

I have been told in no uncertain terms by a family that they do not like their relative to be mentioned on my website. This I have respected for various reasons some of which I mentioned. It would, in my view, be unethical (and btw perhaps unlawful) if I had not deleted the profile on my website.

I for one would like to tell the story of anybody who fought in WW2 among other reasons to promote historical accuracy. That is why, I shall not mention him on my website before I am certain that have the facts one hundred per cent right. And in my view this is not the case on the basis of a number of secondary sources, which - at least I myself - have not linked to the person in question.

It you are insinuating that I have other reasons for not mentioning a specific person on my website, you are are wrong.

Mikkel