View Single Post
Old 24th March 2012, 01:40
Alter Hase

edNorth is on a distinguished road
Re: Frontreparaturbetrieb GL 2565 Junkers

Larry,

Thank you, have added RL 20/300 to 302 to my list of records to look out for. Price tag for visits is not appealing (not a realistic platform), in the sense of going there in person, unless some dramatic source of funding can be found..

My visits to "Archives" are planned; I indentify what records to look at beforehand, and look at them first, if gaps occurr, I use that time for exploitation of other items, getting near 95% results on first visit. Second visit I plan same way (adding better realistic time frame) and had time surplus. Key docs (only concentrated ones) I order(ed) copies of. Luftwaffe (BA-MA docs) I have ordered copies of, not going there. However indexing of BAMA records seem not "very exact" (sorry not meant be offending, but thats how it looks) - and NOT having real item inventory lists online is surprising - so need info before ordering, not ordering and then find nothing there (of interest). I have experiance of ordering USAAF units docs, but have not exploited possibility of getting Lw docs from there.

Itīs just me, that is not in the correct country!

Best regards
Ed