View Single Post
Old 16th May 2019, 20:48
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road
Re: Inscription on reverse of photo? Place name?

Franck I do apologize if I wrote something wrong previously. I did not wanted to be rude or offend anyone here. English nor French are my natural languages, so we tend to think in one's natural one and write (translating) in English. For me particularly it is not a 100% process and I know I do mistakes.

I just pointed some ideas (speculations maybe) onto the thread.

We do not have the first two letters of the code, neither another clue (crewmember's name behind the Picture), neither a date...behind the Picture.

I feel the positive ID is near close to be found...so all elements of the shown Picture could (or should) be checked and maybe could also be discarded...with evidences.

Guess that from the list Ian submitted we do all agree that the December and January losses can be discarded since we do not see snow on the Picture. So, we do have (from his list of machines coded +MT) some 2-3 possible candidates.

Of course, we (I surely don't) know if other machines coded +MT were eventually recorded lost. Regarding "Balti", guess it opened another "road" or field of research, since that machine was not previously recorded onto Ian's list...guess we agreed on that. I wrote "maybe this could be this machine"...I did not jumped conclusions either. You pointed the Yellow Band, so discarding the Trapani machine...so from Ian's list, only two possible candidates now.

Again, if I wrote something that may have sounded personel, please do discard that option. I have nothing against you or no one else on this Fórum and will keep that way.

We all will be very pleased to count on you on the Board and, eventually helping or suggesting new ideas or roads onto this particular thread.

If you want to contact me off board to point out or Exchange ideas, or to inform where I wrote something wrong or maybe offensive into this thread, please let's clear it, ok? Am here to learn, to make friends (have made quite some) and help in my very limitated field of action.

Most sincerely yours,
Adriano S. Baumgartner