View Single Post
Old 2nd August 2008, 06:29

Harri Pihl is on a distinguished road
Re: Performance of the Fw 190A on the Deck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumpp View Post
Baloney. You are arguing that the speed reduction is insignificant but you fail to see the entire picture.
What I and Graham have pointed out is that for these kind of aircraft the speed reduction is small at high speed near sea level. And we both do that correctly by using the polar and iteration method which accounts needed higher Cl/Aoa.

Your approach assumes constant Cl/AoA which is not a correct approach for this particular case because with given available power the plane can't maintain constant AoA at higher weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumpp View Post
I am very familiar with "your technique" btw. It's not new or original. In fact I use it in a spreadsheet I constructed to predict aircraft performance. I would be glad to share that spreadsheet with you.
It's not "my technique" but very basic use of the polar; Graham does the calculation with the very same principle and anyone with sound basic knowledge would use this technique. And I teached you to use it in Ubiforums some time ago:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...6131040055/p/1

You might remember that then you claimed this technique as "misuse of formulas" so I afraid that the sensible discussion is impossible in this case as well.