View Single Post
Old 10th May 2018, 02:08
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough
Re: The Eagles Over Europe Project

I have been warned against posting personal comments and opinions here, even though everyone else does it and nothing is said, but I am going to take a chance here. If you have ever seen Larry Hickey's:
Hickey, Lawrence J. Warpath Across the Pacific: The Illustrated History of the 345th Bombardment Group During World War II. Eagles Over the Pacific, Volume I. Boulder (CO): International Research and Publishing Corp., 4th ed., 1996. ISBN: 0 913511 02 1. 500+ Photos. Color profiles. Maps. Bibliography. Index,
then you know he produces an outstanding book, unsurpassed, in fact. But if you have known him for nearly 20 years like I have, you know that he always uses his rather unique team approach and never establishes parameters for his book projects. What he says will be finished and brought to market in 5 years ends up taking 10-12 years or longer to complete. Back in the very early 2000's, he told many of us that Eagles Over the Pacific would eventually have 18 to 20 or more volumes. But he lost interest in the Pacific Theater somewhere along the way after completing just 2 of his big "project" volumes, I think, Warpaths and Rampage.

So, from personal experience, I would caution all of you that you have a long, long wait before an Eagles Over Europe volume appears. Additionally, Larry Hickey is almost my age (80), so he is getting on and may not have the good health and high energy needed in a few more years to finish these huge undertakings. Like you, I hope he does.

L.