View Single Post
Old 30th May 2014, 20:07

GMichalski is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: help with japanese pilots claims

hi,
thanks for your help Hakans,
i send you some info last months about SCW...

about this claim:
20.02.43 I have this Hurricane as destroyed (not shared)

i have all this info i found in webs:

20,02,43 Ki43 64th Sentai Hurricane Destroyed ¿claimed Shared or complete? Near Maungdaw 1 ->135 Sqn Flt Lt G Booyson, shared with Sgt Yoshito Yasuda and Sgt Maj Hosogawa (damaged at first by Kuroe, Yasuda, Hosogawa and finally finished by Kuroe in a second pass), the fighter plunged into the jungle.

my error seems a complete claim...

about this claim:
05.03.43 Claim over Akyab

i have:
05,03,43 Ki43 64th Sentai Hurricane Destroyed Claimed 6 destroyed but only one was lost (no place)

about this claim:
09.04.43 I have only 1 shared on this date

i have:

09,04,43 Ki43 64th Sentai Hurricane Destroyed Shared Chittagong 67 Sqn, shared with Sgt Miyoshi Watanabe that finished it.

09,04,43 Ki43 64th Sentai Hurricane Destroyed Shared Chittagong 67 Sqn, Shared with Watanabe. The aircraft of Sqn Ldr J Bachmann belched out smoke while jinking at low altitude, Kuroe finished it and the plane hit a house and exploded

maybe you are right...duplicated? i don´t know

about this:

01.12.43 I have this B-24 as a shared

i have:

01,12,43 Ki43 64th Sentai B-24 Destroyed Rangoon ->Lt John McLauchlen 436 BS damaged by AA finished by fighters. Watched it crash into the jungle, also damaged by WO Kinoshita and WO Yamashita. Claimed 10 B-24 and losses were 3 (B-24 capt William Wright shoot down, B-24 Lt Carl Carpenter blow up in mid-air and a third went down in flames) and 5 more damaged.

you are right this bomber was shared...

many thanks for help,
regards

"The wingman is absolutely indispensable. I look after the wingman. The wingman looks after me....."
Francis S. "Gabby" Gabreski,

"The first rule of all air combat is to see the opponent first."
Adolf Galland