View Single Post
Old 15th July 2019, 09:17
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about
Re: Article using Luftwaffe wartime reconnaisance imagery of battle of Kursk drives media attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorrB View Post
Didn't you think all russian knows Deutsch very well?

But i show you some magic now.

If you use Google to translate "Eigentlich müsste dieses Denkmal sofort abgerissen werden" in russian, and then translate russian words in english, you became.... "In fact, this monument must be demolished immediately". You can try it. Knowing of russian is not nessecery.
I have no doubt that some Russians understand German to a sufficient standard but politicians carelessly mistranslating for the sake of confected outrage would, I suggest, be another matter entirely. [And yes that was an intentional subjunctive]

Kellerhof is one man with an opinion, so nothing a self-confident nation ought to get worked up about, surely?

If you are willing to accept the current state of machine translation over human linguistic skill then anomalous results will surely follow, I fear.

Now, can we please return to discussing the article on the merits or otherwise of the evidence presented?