View Single Post
Old 23rd December 2018, 12:53
Alter Hase

Johannes has a spectacular aura aboutJohannes has a spectacular aura about
Re: Georg-Peter Eder Jet ace confirmation?

Hi Franek

There is no proof that Lang made false claims, we would need a sworn statement from his rottenflieger for that, and that would incriminate himself.

Can't remember the title, but TOCH covered Lang before on this subject. His claims were cross-matched against Russian losses ………...assuming this is a complete listing of Russian losses then I do remember his seventeen claims for 3rd November 1943 were really heavily checked.

What we established was that according to Horbert Hannig's publication that Lang have planned-out the day, almost like it was an attempted on the record, he planned to fly a certain number of sorties, each time with a single rottenflieger, Lang claimed heavily, but so would his rottenflieger, actually by memory on one sortie not a single Sowiet aircraft fell.

Foremost of his rottenflieger was Reinhold Hoffmann, Hoffmann was only making spectacular claims whilst witnessing Lang's spectacular claims, their partnership lasted only a few weeks, prior to this both, but especially Hoffmann showed no outstanding abilities in claiming Sowiet aircraft. When they both transfere to 9./JG54 from 5./JG54 again they revert to unspectacular claiming, actually I would say they didn't actually fly together at this time.

Nick states that Lang continues his overclaiming with St.II./JG26, another of his rottenflieger follows him there this is Alfred Gross who also was claiming with Lang at 5./JG54...……….but never in the way Hoffmann did. Anyway one would suspect Gross was Lang's enabler at St.II./JG26, but I don't think this is the case, it would appear again that they didn't actually fly together much, in fact 3rd September 1944 is the only proven day. Therefore there must be another explanation why Nick cannot match Lang's claims in the West with Allied losses, this could be that he doesn't have details of ALL the Allied losses, but actually whereas the Sowiets might be incomplete actually the Allied losses we do actually know. There is another possibility, assuming Nick is correct, and personally I think he is, then it's worth mentioning that those who have deemed the worst over-claimers seem to do this as Kommandeur, now with Erich Rudorffer his claims are linked with Kurt Tangermann, again here Tangermann does nothing before or after his time with Rudorffer, but I don't know but is it possible that a Kommandeur[ATTACH]Attachment 17511[/ATTACH]r could self certificate claims(Nowotny's claims the same as Kommandeur), there is absolutely no connection between anybody within Stab.II./JG26 and Lang! Only other thing I can suggest is that Gross and Lang did fly together, but JG26 being a bit more scrutinising that they claimed together but on separate days as to remove suspicion!

Anyway havn't finished my Lang witness listing yet, but I'll leave you with Rudorffer's, on days where he makes a single claim nobody else makes a claim, in my opinion he was flying without Tangermann(Broch maybe)and the claim was genuine, anyway whatever you think there is a definite pattern that appears with Lang, Nowotny and Rudorffer.

Kind Regards

Johannes