View Single Post
Old 3rd December 2014, 03:14
BEH531

Re: Walter Schuck- 04/10/45 Oranienburg, B-17 Shot Down

Mario,

Joe Peterburs and I have been communicating. He reports to me Walter Schuck shot down on 04/10/45 a B-17 from the 303rd Group, then A/C # 44-8427 " Hens Revenge", then Mel Fox's A/C # 44-8368 and next A/C # 43-38606 " Moon Light Mission". The last two planes from the 457th Bomb Group. He saw a lot of this that day. Joe chased and hit Walter's Me-262. Walter bailed as did Joe soon after. I've emailed Joe a chart of Mel's 30 missions and another chart of each crew for every flight. Interesting to outline the crews. Most airmen kept flying together as a team. I located Obits for most of the crew of 04/10/45, all have passed away, those I could find info on. Joe says researcher Christer Bergstrom in Sweden may have more info about the air battle that day. Any German old news articles showing the plane's wreckage? One reader told me the name of the German town in which the wreckage of A/C #368 fell. Officials identified the plane by the radio badge. I'll look for that post. Walt is now 94 and lives near Otterndorf. Thanks, Bruce Fox Howard, USA