View Single Post
Old 27th April 2016, 11:27

Mirek Wawrzynski is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Messerschmitt Bf 109: The Yugoslav Story (Vol.I)

Thank you for your answer.

Personally, I'm interested in and write about local air wars in World War II. I'm trying to find out the reasons that rapid and large disasters, which have suffered infested countries such as: Poland and Yugoslavia. In the case of Yugoslavia "amazes" me is a very quick defeat! Poland fell in a similar way to fast, but it was >1,5 years earlier (01.09.39-05.10.1939).

Yugoslavs during the nearly 1,5 years of war have enough time and resources to draw conclusions about the tactics and strategy of the German. With incomprehensible to me reason almost nothing in this regard have not done?

Nothing they did not learn war Italy with Greece waged since 1940. In April 1941, in spite of, among others, modern military aviation Yugoslavia quickly fell.

An example of the great awkwardness of strategic and tactical aviation Yugoslavia was the air defense of Belgrade - very inefficiently run.

Residents of the capital of Yugoslavia, suffered from a very strong air attacks of the Luftwaffe. For example, the struggle for Belgrade clearly shows huge gaps in the competence of the staff of command VVKJ - did not want to see it earlier attacks Luftwaffe on: Warsaw, Rotterdam, London?! On this basis, draw conclusions and accordingly prepare air defense of the city and its inhabitants.

Young VVKJ's pilots despite their great heroism and sacrifice virtually little they could do to stop the destruction of a large part of the city. Their skills of fighting in the group and their management/lead by higher commanders had failed.

I forgot to ask about the Me 109 equipment for 2,0 cm ammunition and their stocks of fuel. For as long as the cannon's ammunition and fuel allowed pilots of Me 109s to fight in April 1941?

PS

In 2013, I published a second time (2005 - was the first), revised and supplemented version of the VVKJ aviation in April 1941, under the title. "Lotnictwo Jugosławii w wojnie kwietniowej 1941 r./ Yugoslavia Aviation in April War 1941", pp. 16-35. Text has 34 black-and-white photos and 5 color profiles of aircraft VVKJ (D0 22Kj, Me 109 E-3a (L-10), Blenheim Mk I, IK-3, Do 17 Ka-1 (BR.20). On the cover of the magazine it is located just a Yugoslav Me 109 E, :-)

http://www.magnum-x.pl/twhistoria-20...istoria-3-2013

http://www.magnum-x.pl/artykul/lotni...tniowej-1941-r