View Single Post
Old 10th November 2005, 01:27

FrankieS is on a distinguished road
+++ P-38 Lightning incident Germany +++

Hello all !I'm doing a research on an bombing incident of WW2 at my hometown,which is NEUBECKUM, Germany, surrounded by the germancities of Münster, Ahlen, Hamm and Gütersloh. map: http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.c...00000&icon=xOn 22 February 1945 the railroad/railyard of Neubeckum was bombed,Operation CLARION was initiated that day.Several houses at my neighbourhood were destroyed, sadly some citizensand possibly also some east european slave laborers lost their lives.I would like to pinpoint the unit that bombed Neubeckum that day,maybe even up to the serials of the attacking a/c, just forhistorical interest.I have a 'local history' book stating the attack was carried out by4 Lightnings and more than 200 cluster bombs supposedly fell, if that ispossible at all with only 4 a/c.I also have notice that on that day the railroad at the nearby town of RHEDA(-WIEDENBRÜCK) was bombed too. Maybe by the same unit?I appreciate ANY info leading to clarification which unit/sqn it was.Thank you kindly,FrankieS