View Single Post
Old 3rd October 2017, 15:55

qltngal is on a distinguished road
Re: Captain Edward E. Hunt KIA Nov. 8, 1944

Recently back from France & I have to say it was the most memorable week ever! The trip of a lifetime. The people of La Neuveville-sous-Montfort could not have been more welcoming, friendly or respectful of my father, my daughter & I. We visited the crash site, met a man who was 11 at the time & remembers the crash. The village dedicated a street named after my Dad & we went to the cemetery, no one in my family had ever been there. A very emotional but wonderful week. The mayor, Nicolas Vadrot, arranged the most amazing week. Along with all of the ceremonies we had a chance to see a lot of the surrounding countryside which is just beautiful. I can’t thank him or the village enough. The French people are so amazing at honoring our veterans and I can never thank them enough for the opportunity to be part of this, meet them and learn what really happened to my Dad, not the story I grew up with but it explained a lot. A huge thank you to all who were a part of this, those of you who helped me along the way with my research. I know more about my Dad that I have in my life. The only other thing I’m still looking for is a picture of the P-51D named the Ready Edy, the last plane he flew. Thank you all.