View Single Post
Old 21st December 2017, 02:00

25Kingman49 is on a distinguished road
Re: Missing Air Crew Report

Thank you, Nick.

This is all likely way off topic for this particular thread and I apologize to the original poster for this inconvenience posted to this thread. However this seems my only path for contact with moderators and or administrators of this forum/board.

May I please point out that my only desire in becoming a member of this forum was to become a worthwhile contributing member. I believe my posts thus far confirm I am not a spammer, or other bad actor. This protocol of 5 post probation is not covered anywhere else including FAQ. I was therefore confounded after a few of my initial posts were posted to the board, and I thought mistakenly that I was then a "trusted" member.

Sadly this was not the case. This came to light in this thread when Alex Smart's post (who is a friend), posted before mine (before moderator intervention and my post insertion into the thread) and yes I admittedly became frustrated and impatient posting a second time with more links on topic and sadly my disparaging comment about my probation black hole, still ignorant to the 5 post protocol.

I would prefer that this post not be published to the board in this thread as it is merely unneeded clutter but perhaps it may serve as an educational tool/purpose for new members ignorant as I was to this 5 post protocol before sanctions are lifted to post freely without moderation to this TOCH forum/board. I would suggest this be added to FAQs and the initial member sign up registration response so new members are not left twisting in the wind as to why their posts are being reviewed by moderators initially indicating the 5 post review. Proper and thorough communication makes all the difference as new members struggle to understand this new environment; I was a casualty.

There remains one further post I have made to this thread http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=50006 which still seems to have not passed moderator approval for posting to that thread. Maybe this puts me over this 5 post threshold once published. Or perhaps my conduct here disqualifies me as a valued contributing member.

Frankly Nick, I perfectly understand your frustrations as a forum moderator. For a year prior to the 2015 crash I was a full moderator assigned by Scott Burris (involuntarily drafted) over the AAF Forum. Hopefully this will not be held against me. There is no glamour in being a forum moderator it is simply a janitorial/custodian position to keep the chaos to a minimum but there in the AAF Forum because of content there was a lot more member post movement to the proper sub forum than seems to exist here. So from a moderator standpoint things could always be worse beyond dealing with malcontent new members which I seem to have become here. I promise you this was NOT my initial intent.

One last note. I have always contributed my historical and veteran research efforts pro bono "without pay". For me the thought to charge for these efforts boarders on criminal activity but there are many it seems who make a living doing just that. This is only noted because of your previous statement "Membership is free, nobody’s getting a salary" and so it should be, as we are all volunteers. Otherwise we would all have our own "for profit" web sites praying on the progeny of veterans. Sorry, not my cup of tea.

Respectfully.

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."- referenced - J. Robert Oppenheimer

Last edited by 25Kingman49; 21st December 2017 at 05:46.