View Single Post
Old 14th June 2018, 20:06
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road
Re: 9 December 1943 - YAK 1 loss (Lipfert's 74th victory)

Dear Gabor and all, sorry for the delay in answering back.

Firstly thank you for sharing the pictures of what possibly is the spinner of the LAGG 5FN from Suhorukhov. Nice finding and interesting information about the red spinner, although Lipfert did mention a red trailing painting from the cockpit backwards (from memory), on his memories…

I was deeply touched and impressed by the amazing story of Karakozov. The picture of the son visiting the rest place of his father is poignant and very emotive. Thank you for sharing that with us. The picture speaks for itself…I lost my greatest friend and wing-man, my father, some 14 years ago…I can only guess what Mr. Karakozov passed through all those years…

There is no money in the world that can pay back the happiness you gave this son to finally met his late father (or finding the rest place of his father and crew). I can only imagine what he passed through and all those years, to finally (and thanks to the internet) finding the full story…Congratulations to all the Hungarian Team of Researchers that made that possible…really…and thank you for sharing that with us. I wish that soon a book with all those stories of air combats in your country, Hungary, will arose one day, in English language, so many around will be able to read too.
And…his unselfish act of taking some sand of this place (accident local) to give to the son of one of his father’s crewmembers, it is something!

Some years ago I got in touch with Mrs. Sarah V. Mosher (member of this Forum too), who was writing about the ex-fiancé of his late mother, a Canadian named Jimmy Muir, from Trois Rivières which was shot down after and near Arnhem in September 1944.

She gave me some information about the story, although I never read her book personally….another case of love that war broke or stopped. I remember her informing that her mother passed some part of 1946 or 1947 trying to find the rest place of her fiancé….finally finding. Another amazing story.

Congratulations and thanks for sharing all that with us. There are many persons doing great stuff to preserve History and the deeds and stories that seems were forgot by the new generations. Like I said before, the language is very difficult barrier…not every published work in German (JG 27, KG 6, KG 27, etc.) is translated to English and a very very small parcel of what Is published in Hungary and Russia is also translated to English language. Anyway, one tends to preserve one’s History by writing in our mother language, isn’t it?

Are you the Gabor of the DH-2 project or that one that lives in Canada? I do have a great friend named Gabor in Hungary…anyway…Cheerio Gabor and keep going.

Most humble and grateful,
Adriano S. Baumgartner

Sorry this is the third time I do try to answer you back, but internet keep falling here...the first answer was more complete than this one...