View Single Post
Old 26th August 2009, 21:13

mikeshilton
Re: National Archives Kew, London

Hello Bruce, Nick, thank you for the replies, I first came across a reference to the documents on the Axis History forum where a copy of an interesting document on aircraft maintenance was posted, this is what was at the end of the post:-

"After the war, the A.I.12/Air Ministry sent intelligence “parties” into the Reich to investigate every aspect of the Luftwaffe by interviewing hundreds of former Luftwaffe officers and exploiting what documents could be found. Throughout the fall of 1945, all of 1946 and much of 1947, A.I.12 issued hundreds of studies on every imaginable aspect of the Luftwaffe and range from a modest 30 to 35 pages all the way up to multi-part studies of 450 pages per part. Here’s an example of one:

A.I.12/USAFE/M.24. Air Ministry/USAFE. Intelligence Party (OKL). Intelligence Report No. 24, 5 September 1945. Aircraft Maintenance and Repair Units. There are a good 25 to 30 of these studies just on the repair and maintenance of aircraft in the Luftwaffe. Each is highly detailed and complete with charts and tables.

Most of the A.I.12 studies are available at the U.S. Air Force Historical Research Agency at Maxwell AFB, Montgomery, Alabama, and complete runs are available at both the U.S. National Archives in WashDC and the U.K. National Archives on London. ".

I don't know if that helps Bruce, I have tried various permutations of search criteria Nick, but haven't come across them yet. I'm back at the NA in early September and will look through some of the other "AIR" class lists in case they are hidden away, thanks for the help, Mike.