View Single Post
Old 4th February 2015, 14:18
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough
Re: 1./(F)123 Losses 1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by edNorth View Post
Humm.... it seems some are still not gettin this right. My name is NOT Edward, never has had that name, you can look up my profile here at TOCH! for true name. BTW, I belive itīs an offence call a person by wrong fictitious name...

My humble apologies for your 70+ year old data. My sincere hope is that (uncorrected) it will not find its way into any future "Recce Units" book.

However offending errors seem be elsewhere also. Nothing personal.

Reason I say so is (year 2007 Midland / Ian Allan publishing) book "Bomber Units of the Luftwaffe 1933-1945" (authors Henry L. de Zeng IV and Douglas Stankey, with Eddie Creek) has very many erros in indentification of the various Ju 88 types, apparently due lack of knowing how to differentiate them. I had this book as an Christmas gift from an friend of mine, but was seriously thinking of throwing it away - as trash (soory the pun) - it is fit for recycling, but I wanted contact the authors first. Who ever wrote them very errerous photo captions in that book should be sentenced to walk the plank (if people know what that was done in the old days) - it is very similar errors as "recently seen commented on in book revues here elsewhere at TOCH! where an Medcalf authored Ju 88 books was discussed" (!)

A list of these errors can be submitted for first part of of that said book. I have really not read more of it...

Regards
Ed
Thank you very much for your petty little personal attack, EdNorth! It made my day. I've been a regular here on TOCH! using several different screen names since 2001 and I believe this is the worst one I've seen.

Now let's see if I've got this right. No one should ever dare author anything on the Luftwaffe unless it's first vetted by you, the know-all, see-all of all things about Luftwaffe aircraft, before it is published? I think you will find some disgreement here if that is the lesson buried in you rude, nasty rant. There is no, absolutely no excuse for the personal comments you wove into your criticism of my books, especially after I addressed your original post about the "T-2" version in an honest and forthright manner.

MODERATORS: please address this slanderous attack before it turns into "flamer".

L.