View Single Post
Old 18th July 2018, 11:48
Alter Hase

ouidjat is on a distinguished road
Re: eBAy: Captured german planes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiS View Post
And is all of this just for the captured Germans planes thread or also applicable on the "Germen interest" thread?
You do mean edWest listing, for example?..
But Ed (West) always did protect new discoveries, I mean VERY interesting, by giving the links .. AFTER the end of bids.

And there are more interesting situations in this "game".
Some are treating directly with sellers asking them to withdraw auctions. It works!
Sellers are selling through "private" auctions.
Sellers who advise you they have "something" and going to put in auction, just for you....
I've been the beneficiary of such "help" ... And more, since in one case the seller didn't want to sell/send to the country where I lived, I did ask one of TOCH member, living in the right country, to pay for me - after I had bid, indeed - to get the picture and forward to me ... And he kindly did even if, sometimes, we did had arguments in this forum.

The fact being EdNorth is living on another planet; an old planet without web, computers, scanners indeed and other modern tools.

Broadly speaking we all live in a collectors' world. I discovered this starting to "work" and publish in and for a French review where JY Lorant - a friend of us, at least a friend of mine - was editor assistant at the end of the 70s.
And I discovered that "collectors" - whatever the subject - are liars, selfish, envious, paranoids, petty and miserly, and ready to steal objects and ideas (I'm not talking about JYL)
And, the only way "collectors" have to protect their "statute" is to dispraise ...

Franck.