View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2019, 18:08

Jochen Prien is on a distinguished road
Re: Galland mystery – cont'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by rof120 View Post
Sorry but I just worked for 2 hours on a detailed reply… which vanished. This is really frustrating. I have to give up for the moment. Sigh.

I didn't attack you viciously, I stated facts.

I'll be back in detail asap. Please note: Galland was not unfallible, I am not either and neither are you. We are just human beings and this is not a terrible attack on you.

Your victory lists in JFV volume 3 include hundreds of "P-36s, Bloch 150s, Morane 405s - all these are erroneous (in hundreds of instances) - plus "Moranes" and even "Spitfires" instead of D.520s. I am not being mean to you, I like your books, but you see, as far as errors are concerned you're hardly better than Galland…

More later. I'll write first OFFline...

Dear Mr rof120,

I did not say that you attacked me viciously, and you may be stating facts, which according to my knowledge are wrong.

I will not enter into any lengthy discussion with you about the two Galland claims in question in particular or about the credibility of Galland's publications in general.

I never claimed to be unfallible but I can see no factual basis for your comparison between my publications and those of Galland.

As for the victory lists in the JFV series - they just show what was reported by the respective units which quite often did not reflect the correct type of enemy a/c. Yet, the claims lists are not about what I'm making of it but what was actually reported. Think about it.

Regards

Jochen Prien