View Single Post
Old 22nd June 2018, 09:47

Moriii is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl-Fredrik Geust View Post
Of the files in TsAMO-folder 12452 at least seven files originate from the Finnish Military Archive (nowadays attached to the Finnish National Archive), and were requested by the Allied (Soviet) Control Commission from the Archive in Helsinki in 1944-1945 (see my notes 89 and 103 above).
That's interesting. I suppose very few of us could have spot this Finnish caracteristic.

The GDIR series are a mix of documents captured in the field and documents found at Potsdam or other places. They just put everything related to, say, army corps, in the same directory. That's understandable.

For example, I saw the German translation of French GHQ documents captured in 1940 (directives by Gamelin etc.). Certainly this was not to be found on field army headquarters fighting on the Eastern Front.

You sometimes get letters from the head archivist, like "please send me those files", and the reply from the officier abiding to the request.

Andy,

A couple more duplicates:

12452-012 seem identical to -001

12452-424 seem identical to -425 (except maybe for a handful of large size pages)

Mori