View Single Post
Old 27th September 2012, 21:01
Alter Hase

Stig Jarlevik will become famous soon enough
Re: Italian bombing of Tel Aviv

Nick

Good point and nudge taken... Indeed I ment Rhodes. Not sure why I wrote Rhode Island, guess it sounded pretty OK in my brain...and after all there was quite a lot of Italian in the USA at the time so maybe they were working on a super plane, ehh?....

Larry
I DID check the Shores' books, but was not able to find anything.

Alex
Thanks, I admit I did not check any of those sources, but also admit I was hoping to get some more substance then what you extracted. Especially I would be interested in the reasoning of the Italians at the time, since to me any attack on Palestine would be a waste of military sources, and if the Italians thought the British would withdraw any troops/aircraft units from more important places, even I would not have done so at this threatening moment.

Horst/Laurent
I doubt very much we will find any French "strategic" bombing during the Syrian campaign. It's been some time since I read the story, but I don't have any recollection it was done.

Thanks anyway for your interest, but a bit surprising that not a single one of our Italian friends are interesting to expand the topic....

Cheers
Stig