View Single Post
Old 24th May 2015, 16:24

GMichalski is on a distinguished road
Re: SCW 30.12.37 claims question

hi,
thanks for your info

these were the losses i found:

I-16 of Alexander Ilyin (Ильин Александр Васильевич) damaged in combat with Bf109s and managed to return, pilot severely wounded, after two months in the hospital was sent home. December 30, 1937 in an air battle with the German Me-109 fighters Gusev was wounded in the throat, but managed to fly to the aerodrome and its safely to land. Some time in hospital, going from which continued to participate in combat.

so atributed to germans but in the morning or evening ¿?

Lieutenant Viktor Sklyarov bailed out, but he did not open, and the pilot was killed atributed to Prestele in the evening

other losses:

Lt Sumarev of 6a Esc kia, two other pilots of 6a Esc return to base wounded, all seven surviving I-16 suffered damage. Konstantin Dobronickiy I-16 with damage in the engine, and a pilot made a force-landed. On the run the plane crashed into a stone wall, the pilot ejected from the cab, he was severely injured and 23 days was unconscious

probably were victims of these:

2-G-3 Aristides I-16 Type 5 "Rata" Republican Spanish
3-E-3 Murcia Rubio, Javier I-16 Type 5 "Rata" Republican Spanish morning
García López Rengel, Arístides I-16 Type 5 "Rata" Republican Spanish morning
Miguel Guerrero I-16 Type 5 "Rata" Republican Spanish Prob

and also:

García López Rengel, Arístides SB-2 Republican Spanish morning

1 SB-2 lost: SanJose, Marsal, Metralla all KIA

regards

"The wingman is absolutely indispensable. I look after the wingman. The wingman looks after me....."
Francis S. "Gabby" Gabreski,

"The first rule of all air combat is to see the opponent first."
Adolf Galland