View Single Post
Old 2nd March 2005, 12:40

Kari Lumppio is on a distinguished road
About the current state of the forum (a personal OPINION)

Good day Ruy and others!

I thought that the reason to change to the current (vastly inferior, IMO) format was to avoid continuos fighting etc. by giving tools to moderate and editing.

What we do have now? Endless arguing which I read because of old habit, but what makes me more and more sick and tired. In the old days such monster threads were pushed away in a day. Now they hang on the top all the time.

I always thought that 12 O'clock was a lively place and we had a large membership. Having now some numbers I see for example LEMB and Air Warfare Forum have larger membership (at the moment) and the discussed topics are fresher there. My impression is that this was not the case during the old 12 O'clock community. To my astonishment I see that many "small" forums do have more message traffic than this forum at the moment.

I don't know if it is me that is the problem here or factually the current state of affairs on this forum, but I don't feel this place nice any more. I really hope things are going to take other - better - direction.

Would love to hear comments from other forum readers too.

With Best Regards,
Kari Lumppio

PS (added 3.3.2005)
Reading the following comments it seems people are misinterpreting my message. It is not the forum format I am complaining (though I think it's inferior). It is the mudwrestling in threads which seem only multiply and not die away.

Tools for moderating do exist now - as I understood that was THE reason for the format change. Ruy explained his Laissez-faire (spelling) attitude towards moderating. That is OK with me - I am not that much different - and now I know that the moderating threshold is high.