View Single Post
Old 24th April 2019, 16:23
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road
Re: The Eagles Over Europe Project

Dear all,

Most of you are acknowledgded "Professional" Historians and Researchers who have inspired the other 50-70% of the members during the years.

For those who have not yet Edited a book....privately or not...IT IS NOT EASY fellows....not easy....and we do have (the non-professional writers or researchers who do have other occupations as means of living) Families too and health problems and social problems as well - personnel, etc...

I am not familiar with this topic, but do give credit to the writers and time...How many years it took to a French Historian such as J-Y Lorant to research and publish his masterpiece about JG 300: 25 years....

I have been during the last 7+ years researching about the Brazilians in RAF Service...some 120+ biographies...more than 2,200 written pages and it is UNFINISHED...due to a lot of factors, other projects, personal life, problems (lot!), kid and Family to take care....but I do write a bit, every single day...a small step forward...

Let's hope that this Project will be finished...maybe the owner or idealist do need some help...Alone we do nothing...(maybe we do, but we do need help, this is what I meant).

Let's stop making critics but stimulate new historians like JEREMY who wrote a magnific piece of History onto this 14 April 1943...most of us, non-professional or acclaimed historians we do need support and help...and places like this Fórum to meet similars and SHARE and LEARN together.

I do remain, must humbly yours,
Adriano