View Single Post
Old 19th February 2007, 00:52

Salamander is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Errata for Sea Eagles 2 Pt 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Goss View Post
Quicker than I thought!

Page 181: Fw 200 C-5/FK F8+FR was not found abandoned in Norway but at Kiel-Holtenau. The Mäander type camouflage was applied already during the spring of 1944 when the plane was based at St. Jean d’Angely. It was not intended as a snow camouflage but used experimentally for camouflage on flights over sea.

Hello,

I have few questions about this Aircraft and this picture on page 181 (C-5/FK F8+FR) i have one picture in one of my books( "Kampfflieger of course Luftwaffe colours 1.2")("This Fw 200 C4??? previosly belonged to 7./Kg 40 and was coded F8+FR, and was found abandoned in Norway... and the aircraft carried the standard uppersurface color of Rlm 72/73 over which white? or Rlm 65.76? winter paint had been roughly applied...started to dissolve due to weathering...)
Do you maybe know which color was used for the underside of the fuselage is it standard Rlm 65 or Rlm 76? And is that aircraft F8+FR were equipped with Type FuG 200 radar?
I am building a detail model of that aircraft
C-5/FK F8+FR but right now i have just two original pictures from my book and some illustrations (with Fug200 or without...of this Aircraft)
In new Revell model there is a mistake, they say that the Fw-200 C-5/FK KG40 F8+KG?? is the same aircraft as F8+FR?? with the white outlines on the letter K or F ?
I will very soon, order you great book!

Thank you.

All the best!!!