View Single Post
Old 9th January 2005, 11:39

mmoe
Jagdgruppe Drontheim. Lt. Werner Fricke(KIA) 29.11 1941

It all a bit confusing, and to add a bit to the confusion, the following is recorded in the KTB Seenotdienstführer Norwegen:
29.11.41 (Since it is rewritten from an almost unreadable handwritten original, there may be some errors):

Sn.Bez.St. Drontheim meldet mit F.S. von 28.11.41.Betr. Seenotfall Bf 109 +10 von J.G. Drontheim:
He 59 DC+KC hat Pqu. 06 Ost 8461, 8462, 8463, 8464 ohne Erfolg abgesucht. Von JG eingesetzten FW 58 ebenfalls nichts gefunden. Nach norw. Meldung sollen im Pqu. 06 Ost 8461 Flugzeugtrümmer gesichtet sein. Die suchenden Flugzeuge konnten die Angaben nicht bestätigen.

From 30.11.41.
Sn.Bez.St. Stavanger meldet mit F.S. von 29.11.
Betr. Seenotfall Bf 109.
Me 109 in Moor gefunden. Nähere Einzelkeiten noch unbekannt. Ausgrabung erfolgt den 30.11.41.
Flugzeugführer vermutlich tot.

For the loss on the 9.11.41, the KTB records this loss:
Sn.Bez.St. Stavanger meldet mit F.S. 194/41 g.v. 9.11:
Am 9.11. 13.30 Uhr Seenotmeldung: 3 km westl. Vigrestadt ein Bf 109 abgestürzt. Einsatz KK+UX und R/S „Osloskøyta“ ohne Erfolg, da Flugzeugführer von einem VP-Boot gerettet wurde. Flugzeug gesunken.

On a part of the hull that is kept at a local farm near Mistfjorden, the white 0 is clearly visible, so I dont think there is any doubt that the plane that crashed at the head of the Mistfjord was White 10.

We also know that a dead pilot was found by the main section of the plane. The body was taken care of by germans, and taken away. Im pretty sure that the body wasnt buried locally. Werner Friecke is buried at Havsten, while Kerstens is not (does anyone have info about where Kersten is buried, if his body was found at all).

What I cant understand is why the position given in the KTB on the loss of Weisse 10 is so inaccurate, if Ranwig really observed the plane as it fell down (the plane and pilot were found in Pl.Qu. 06 Ost 84668).

Until some years ago, large sections of the wings remained in the area, but are now taken away by someone. If it was possible to have a look at these parts, it may could at least tell us if the plane was a T-2 or an E-version.

Morten