View Single Post
Old 3rd June 2007, 02:57
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road
Re: JU 87 crew member

Hi! Are you a BAUMGARTNER?
If yes, we are distant relatives. I have been searching some Baumgartner who flew with Luftwaffe and who fought in the Whermacht, because I am a Baumgartner myself.
I suggest you to enter the SEARCH are ahead ( in blue ) and try the name Wilhelm Baumgartner. I do not know if they are the same, but there was a Wilhelm Baumgartner, Swiss born ( my Baumgartner family came from Glarus in Switzerland ) who flew with the Luftwaffe and achieved ace status. But he was a fighter pilot ( Me 109 ) with Jagdgeschwader 77 and was shot down in North Africa. ( I was searching about the RAF pilots who claimed Bf 109 that 11th April 1943 morning ).
There is other Baumgartner(s) who were awarded the Deutschen Kreuz in Gold too ( search DKiG winners ), but who were Transport pilots and Reconnaissance pilots. ( I will look at my archives - on my house and post to you later ). I never heard about this Baumgartner Stuka pilot, neither Rudel had met one Baumgartner. It is new stuff to me. Do you have more information about the epoch they met? Was at Graz, before the war? Was during the war?
Sincere and friendly yours

Adriano Baumgartner ( from Brazil )