View Single Post
Old 2nd April 2019, 18:05

Many Souffan is on a distinguished road
Re: AceS issue n°10

Hello Franck.

Firstly sorry to answer you in late. At the beginning of the last week, I had had a Cardio Vascular Accident (AVC) and it is a little difficult to write for me and more in English

I am too serious to smoke carpet, or to write "bull shit" in my articles

If Walter Oesau has an image of a serious pilot, he was one of more inventive pilot to find new codes.

And it begin in Spain when he introduced a special insignia for the Stab of J/88 ( I continue to find a photo of it) but not accepted when Grabmann arrived to replace Handrick

It is the same pilot who introduced the "13" and after higher numbers (20 to 24) to replace the chevron and other signs of the Stab (in West)

About the famous Emil of Oesau, I show you the very known photo from ECPA-D Collection (Taken at the end of Juanary 41 and not december 40). There is a new interest of this photo, since it was scanned now in full negativ you see clearly, it is not (as I always thought myself too) a triple chevron (of maybe Lützow) but a double chevron with the bar of the third Gruppe as visible the detail of the second photo.

And to confirm What I think, take a look in the excellent book of Dr J. Prien and friends, in the chapter of III/ JG 3 during battle of Britain. ( sorry I am not yet in my home to give the exact page) You have a photo of a Black 4, If I remember well with the "Bar" of the III. Gruppe (Horizontal) upper side of the fuselage at the same place as it would be over a chevron, sorry for my bad English, but if you see the photo you will understand.

Another thing the reportage where come this photo is in two parts the beginning you have the PK Berichter who speak with Oesau on the fuselage of the very known 109 of Balthasar with its rudder and the Green vertical Bar and the second part finished with the same PK Berichter but in the new 109 of Oesau...

I am a photographer since 40 years, always concerned by details. Maybe you know my articles and my serious in my writings and if I ask to do a profile of this 109 of W. Oesau, it's because my intimate conviction and not an idea that comes from an overflowing imaginary.

Merci Franck.

(33) 661 406 013

many.souffan@gmail.com