View Single Post
Old 5th June 2019, 19:56

Richard Aigner is on a distinguished road
Re: Black Cross - Red Star. Air War over the Eastern Front, Vol. 4: Stalingrad to Kuban 1942-1943.

On 5 May 2019 Christer Bergstrom sent an e mail regarding publication date of Black Cross - Red Star Vol 4:
"Hi,
Black Cross/Red Star, Volume 4 will be even better than I had anticipated.
I had planned to release the book now in May, but I have just got access to such a large amount of absolutely terriffic new material from certain archives - material that previously has been (and in principle still are) classified) - that I had to "stop the presses" until I have inserted this material. Due to the sensitive nature of the material, I can't tell you what it is, but you will see that the material in BCRS4 is substantially better than in the previous volumes. I expect the work to insert this new material to take about three weeks from now. Then there is the photo selection and the graphic design. So the publishing will be in the summer of 2019. This time definitely. Even if I receive tons of new material.I have lots and lots of never previously published photo material for the book, but should you have any "semi-unique" photo that you think would fit in BCRS4, I would be more than happy to take a look at it.
Please have a look at these new books by me too:
https://vaktelforlag.se/produkt/arnh...-paratroopers/
https://vaktelforlag.se/produkt/dais...r-ii-men-flew/
They will be released now in May. If you are interested, you can get a very good pre-order price for them, and I can post them together with Black Cross/Red Star, Volume 4. (I am talking about the hard cover edition of Arnhem 1944, and Black Cross/Red Star, Vol. 4, you will of course receive the hard cover edition with color profiles.) Just drop me an e-mail about one or both of those other books if you are interested.
There will be several very good maps in all books. I attach one of the maps that will be in Black Cross/Red Star - in A 4 format. All of the maps in Black Cross/Red Star, Vol. 4, will be in the same style by the same highly professional map drawer. It is my ambition to have every place name mentioned in the book placed on the maps.
All the best,
Christer Bergström"
HTH, Richard

Last edited by Richard Aigner; 5th June 2019 at 20:02. Reason: added rest of Christer's message