Thread: Karl Burk
View Single Post
Old 25th November 2018, 03:06
Paul v N

Well, the actual place where they found some parts can be the place, but we think that the plane crashed about 1,5 Mile further south south west.

The place where we think he is lying has a witness that saw the remains of the pilot still in the wreckage a bit more then 2 to 3 meters diep.

They torn of the parts sticking out and dumped the hole with sand, and there was never a recovery.

The other place more north where the SGLO thinks he is lying, has parts brought up but at my knowledge there was no one seeing the plane crash, they only found parts in a hole.

I think that it is possible that parts were blown of the plane and crashed in Dinteloord and the rest close to Steenbergen.

It can also be different and just the way round but that will be unlikely.

There are no other planes that crashed that day, or a big distance away by the Island of tiengemeten were 2 M 109's crashed into each other, but that distance is to big.

Do you have additional info about Karl Burk, age, where he was born and all other info? Just to put a face on him and make a little story around him for the 75 years of victory celebration next year.

Do you have some info?

Thanks in advance, Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter206 View Post
Hello Paul
hat off to you for possible find of MIA, but I suggest you should report find to proper authorities, they will do the rest. Informing family is also important but it should be discussed with authorities.

I don't want to give you lessons, this is not bad comment, I really appreciate efforts for such cases. Last year I had the same experience. I found something, reported straight away. Let experts do the rest.

best regards
Antun
It is not the case that I want to start digging, but just to locate him with ground radar or strong metal detector.

If there is more info about the person and a picture then I can give him a face and write something about him to give him a face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Goss View Post
I have a note of Haringvliet/Goerree/Overflakkee/Tiengemeten (apologies for spelling) for crash locations this day but I cannot comment on the source
These are 2 M 109 fighters who collided with each other and both died.

They were both recovered and that is to far away to connect to the crash places we are talking about.

Burk flew with a FW 190 .

Paul