View Single Post
Old 19th January 2018, 15:29
Alter Hase

John Vasco will become famous soon enough
Re: Battle of Brtitain Books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Beale View Post
For Christ's sake John, give us a break. I was just trying, in the simplest way possible, to separate out an interesting discussion of a new topic from what had started—lest we forget—as a question about a book on the Halifax. And if I had nothing else going on in my life then yes, I might have devoted time to editing or annotating the various posts to achieve seamless continuity.

P.S. Anyone who wants to edit their own posts to reflect the new thread, please feel free to do so.
Well in my view, Nick, you should have also moved post #2 from the other thread, which runs as follows:
"The key measure of this book is that it was published by Midland Counties Publications. Elsewhere you have raised questions about the quality of British aviation magazines (which are abysmal) and, in my view, the quality of British aviation book publishing died when MCP were bought out by Ian Allan.

"I would say that, back in the day, any book published by MCP was worth having. I am not a serious student of Bomber Command activities but I bought the book because I thought it was a very serious and complete study of all aspects of 4 Group.

Steve"

the pertinent part of which I have shown in bold.

And, at the risk of repeating myself, if you think it's fine for someone on this forum to post that comment (which is an utter disgrace!), then this forum, and your moderation of it, has gone down in my estimation.

Over the years on here, MANY researchers and authors have contributed freely of their research work and their knowledge to help others, and their published works have advanced the overall knowledge of WW2 aviation via the vehicle of British publishing houses. That is a fact.

I don't see you, Nick, issuing a single word of admonishment to Steve B regarding that remark, rather, you come on at me for taking him to task. If that is the way you moderate this forum, then I for one will no longer contribute a single thing of the knowledge I have garnered on matters WW2 since 1980, even if I do have the information readily to hand. You carry on pandering to the smart-arses who lob in throwaway, glib, incorrect statements, because that it what it looks like from here...

Splinter Live at The Cavern, November 2006: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxOCksQUKbI

Danke schön, Dank schön ich bin ganz comfortable!