View Single Post
Old 10th December 2007, 12:38

Mikael Olrog is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: He 111 Photo Fakes?

Roger,

You have previously written about the photo paper and highlighting how can asses the originality of the photos so I won't enter in to a discussion on that. I've not ventured in to making my own assessment of the items you refer to but the question of seeing the same photo on several occassions is interesting since it do happen now and then.

The occurence of the same photo from different sellers is something that I've seen before a couple of times. I've actually seen the same photo appear up to five times over the years from different sources - each time reaching quite high figures in the EUR 40+ region. Apart from the apparent risk that they are new reprints they could also have been taken by a unit photographer or war correspondent who distributed numerous duplicates to the members of the unit. The later could explain both the appearance of the same photo on several occasions from different sources but also why a specific photo deviates in paper, cutting etc from other photos in an album that were taken by the album owner himself.

If this could apply to the He 111 examples you pointed at, I don't know.

/Mike