View Single Post
Old 13th August 2018, 18:37

azapf1972 is on a distinguished road
Re: New Publishing Company

Throwing in my two cents at the risk of heating up the debate again: why would it be an "either ... or ..."? If I look at my last book project on Kommando Welter, it was very quickly clear that it will be a paper book. The layout of the text, the working with marginalia, formatting and placing of images... it all called for a fixed layout the eBook readers can't deliver. At a cost though: you have to lift 2.5kg and you have no way to electronically search it...

My small JG3 article, however, I pushed out as an eBook - in this case, "reach" was the goal and making it quickly and easily accessible. In my ideal world, every paper book to read has a PDF copy to search through - but I know that this will not happen as long as piracy is around (and that means: never).

I just don't think there is a reason to use one and condemn the other - every author (together with his publisher, if it is not self-published) needs to make a call for the best medium... and it might be this one for this project and another one for that project...

Andreas

Publications: JG3 - Eastern Front 1941 (eBook) - Nachtjagd mit Messerschmitt Bf 109 und Me 262 (Paperback, German)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it” - (George Santayana)