View Single Post
Old 13th March 2005, 00:29

Six Nifty .50s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christer Bergström
I don't know what has been mentioned previously on thiws board, but I have a photo copy from Kozhedub's own logbook where it is easy to see that he achieved a total of 62 victories. I made a list based on that source on my Black Cross/Red Star site:

http://www.bergstrombooks.elknet.pl/bc-rs/koz.html?
...Who cares? The original topic was friendly fire.

I am not the least bit interested in Kozhedub or his victory claims, but, I have to ask -- do you have copies of gun camera films or other objective evidence that he shot down 62 planes?

Quote:
This might be an Off Topic post, but I see no reason to have moderators when moderation is not used. Franek's and SixNifty's posts contribute nothing, as usual there is no source reference?
Source references to what?

Speaking of nonsense, I picked up a copy of Arthy and Jessen's book on the Fw 190 in North Africa. After reading the mission summaries, it is very clear that your notion suggesting there was no shortage of fuel and did not limit Luftwaffe operations is, a complete fantasy.

But I would agree that fueling a five-plane air force is usually somewhat easier than fueling a 5,000 plane air force.

Quote:
is there anyone who has learned anything on WW II aviation from Franek's and SixNifty's exchange of accusations in this thread?
This not your message board. I will ignore your pathetic attempts to control the content. The same goes for Smudger and Coll. I will not be chased out of the forum by a rogue's gallery of hypocrites.

And Christer, I'll leave 'mudslinging' to you and Franek -- both of you are experten in that theatre of operations.