View Single Post
Old 9th October 2016, 14:46

Erik Mombeeck is on a distinguished road
Re: New books: Lu/Ga # 5 and JG 2 Band 5 (1943)

Hi Superbee and Stukapilot,

Thank you for your messages.

Unfortunately, the attempt to produce an English edition of JG 2 and JG 4 was not as successful as I hoped.
At the moment, I can't go further with the JG 2 Chronicle in English. Nevertheless, I think (and several members of this forum could perhaps confirm it) that the text is quite understandable, and the pictures (with detailed captions) are great.
Another argument is that Hans G. Berger, former Stk. in JG 1, is still closely collaborating as translator and, once again in this new volume, his input is remarkable with many personal details, remarks, explanations... Thus, not in English, but certainly interesting to discover the original language and terms of the Luftwaffe pilots. I know several friends here on TOCH who definitively opted for the German language for German topics.

This book is the result of a huge work started 20 years ago when most of the veterans were still with us. I am glad that I took the opportunity to interview many of them and what they told about themselves, their combats, their comrades… during our friendly dialogues is very precious to understand the history of WWII.

Regards

Erik