View Single Post
Old 17th January 2019, 16:13
Alter Hase

ouidjat is on a distinguished road
Re: BF 109 El Adem Libya 1941

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugaldie View Post
Thanks for the reply ouidjat,

I have some doubt regarding if these aircraft are the same because of the missing white theatre stripe on the port side of the aircraft. This can be seen near the elbow of the soldier.

Also the curl at the top of the prop looks to be sharper than in the photo of the port side.

I have seen a photo of poor quality of the port side that shows no theatre stripe also. This photo was sourced out of New Zealand but I have had no luck tracing the original yet.

One must ask, what are the chances that these aircraft are different when located in the same area?

Also the soldier is my father and I have been looking into this aircraft for some 32 years so far.

Regards

Rick

OK Rick,
I understand now why you are questioning
Yes, it's the same machine and yes the white band isn't completely painted on both sides.
On your father's side it's just partially painted as attested by other pics and on the other side there is nothing except a little part on top fuselage.
I do remember perfectly there was something to do with New Zealand
And, normally we already discussed about that in the old LEMB forum or in LRG; but LEMB most probably ... Am I right ?

Regards,
Franck.