View Single Post
Old 3rd October 2014, 04:39
Alter Hase

edwest is an unknown quantity at this point
Update: History of the Mediterranean Air War series

From the Stone & Stone site:

Author Chris Shores has been kind enough to bring us up to date regarding progress on the very popular History of the Mediterranean Air War series:
"The team has been working on the matrices (lists of claims and losses, etc) and having had a brief rest from the actual writing, I am now in the process of doing that in regard to Vol 3 which is covering the Tunisian Campaign from November 1942 to 13 May 1943. This is joined by Desert Air Force from 1 April 1943 (i.e. from the point which we had reached in Vol 2). From this point the operations of all the air forces in North Africa become more and more entwined, so we end the volume from the point at which the Axis have left Africa. April 1943 was one BIG month!
"We are also well on with work on Vol 4 which will cover Pantelleria, Sicily, Sardinia and Southern Italy. This will be from 14 May 1943, and probably to about the end of 1943. Cannot be specific on that yet as we will need to see how big the manuscript gets - i.e. it may prove necessary to end Vol 4 at 31 October 1943 rather than a date in December."

Usual disclaimer,
Ed