View Single Post
Old 6th July 2018, 11:55

Nick Hector will become famous soon enoughNick Hector will become famous soon enough
Re: Heinz Marquardt and Kurt Tanzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johannes View Post
Hi Hector

Rollwage himself told my friend Bernd Barbas that he didn't know where the forty-four "viermots" came from, or his total of 102, possible the points system again. With Boehm-Tettelbach the forty is more like four(viermots)….can't blame the points system for that.

Strange that Wohnert should end up a Russian prisoner when the jet pilots seemed to escape this ordeal. Guess the only way to prove this guy in the hundred club would be a 1945 flugbuch.

Basicallythe Toliver/Constable book is so riddled with contradictions, errors ,typo errors and non-facts that ALL must be ignored if your looking for facts. Jochen Prien(later work), Erik Mombeek,Don Caldwell(JG 26) and Bernd Barbas's(JG 52 and related) books are 99+% fact. John and myself checked our work against Prien's later book claims, and apart from II./JG 2 match 99.9% or the time.

Kind Regards

Johannes
Cheers Johannes,
But please, Nick is my first name and I prefer to be informal if it does not offend you.

As for Rollwage,
71 claims of which 14 are counted as Viermots, as per Prien...
102 (as quoted by Toliver and Constable) minus 71 = pretty much the total of the "remaining" viermots. So my theory (laugh at it or agree with it as you see fit...) is that Toliver & Constable took it upon themselves to award him the tally of 102 based on a misread of his total of 14 Viermots. 14 was mistaken for 44, and the difference was added on to his known tally of 71....

Regards
Nick