View Single Post
Old 15th October 2006, 20:24

Marius is on a distinguished road
Re: I./ZG 1 claims in 1939 - 1940 - any info?

So think I, Ruy. The thread is concerning I./ZG 1 and we should stay at the topic. The 5th Sept. 1939 is very interesting. I know I am the first one who wrote something completely different regarding the action flown by the Polish 112 eskadra. I am also the first one who is providing hard evidence with German records. The time of many Polish legends is over now.

If there really exists a document confirming the fight of 111 eskadra on the 5th at the same time as the 112 eskadra, my research should be proved again.
For now I am sure I./ZG 1 claimed here 2 victories. But nevertheless I could be wrong. So again I request Franek to show us this particular document regarding 111 eskadra.
I think it does not exist, but maybe Franek will surprise me.

If my research is correct we would have all 6 victories of I./ZG 1 for Poland (also 6 victories were stated by the Kommandeur after the Polish campaign).:
5.9. 2 P.24
6.9. 1 P.24
7.9. 3 P.37

The one probable victory I suppose on the 1.9. could be wrong, I know it well. It is possible Luftflotte 1 documents also counted the wrongly shot down Hs 126 of 2.(H)/21. At first the unknown pilot of I./ZG 1 reported he had shot down a Polish recon aircraft very similar to the Henschel Hs 126 (!!!).

Marius