View Single Post
Old 19th October 2006, 00:57
Alter Hase

Franek Grabowski is on a distinguished road
Re: I./ZG 1 claims in 1939 - 1940 - any info?

Evgeniy, you are absolutelly right! Finger four formation was mythicised to some degree, but it was only one of the formations.

Quote:
1.I (among others) criticize autor`s work or his comments or the way the autor wrote the book "Polskie lotnictwo mysliwskie...". This is far from personal attacks and some discussion or criticizm should be allowed in democratic countries, right?
2.The journal got a reply. And I was not the only one who wrote a reply. The problem is that the journal must stay competitive when more and more similar papers appear. Even Polish politicians are still using the simple term "we will beat the bad German again" and they are winning the elections this way. It still works in Poland very well. The journal chose the patriotic way and I understand this.
You are personally and frequently attacking Mr Cynk, not only on this board. This is not criticism addressed towards his book. Concerning your letter, I have asked staff of the journal to show their official position concerning your claims. I know a different story.
Quote:
No, I won`t, because they are frightened. It is still not the right time for young Polish historians who will research in different directions. I think next generation can do it better.
Indeed, death squads are chasing through Poland in search of young historians!
Seriously, how can you imagine serious research without leaving a trace in an archive? It would be known, if there is any serious research on the subject.
Quote:
So the wreck of the Ju 87B with crew Berschneider/Zeidler from 9./StG 2 - shot down by Lachowicki-Czechowicz - was in fact a Bf 109? Maybe even a two-seated Bf 109?
Have you been able to read Polish, you would find that after downing this very Stuka, Lachowicki-Czechowicz fought with Messerschmitts, according to his original combat report of 4.09.1939. Pisarek reported combat with two formations of Ju 87 and my assumption is, that one formation could have been Me 109s actually. Another pilot, Czajkowski, did not claim anything, therefore had not filed combat report.
Quote:
You are quoting Pniak`s report again and again, where it is more than obvious that he fought with Ju 87`s. At least he was credited with a Ju 87 and this is logical, also when you additionally compare German records. No other Polish pilot reported something about "twin-engined aircraft", right?
I am quoting it because it is extremelly clear with statement twin engined aircraft. It is not my problem that you cannot understand this. I may post the original report here, so anybody could see it. Dorniers are also mentioned in the enclosed page of a diary of III/4 Dywizjon, original document filed during the Polish Campaign. It is not my problem you are not willing to accept that.
Quote:
My wish? So let me point out what you wrote earlier:
[size=3][font=&quot]
PHP Code:
This is just ridiculous there are Polish documents that clearly state it was 111 Eskadra which fought against Ju 87s at the very same time

[size=3] Clearly or maybe not clearly?
You are referring to a Polish document, but you do not know it, because it is on the way from England? This is incredible. God save me from this guy!
I have had never claimed, I have copies of every Polish document. The fact I have seen several documents in the Polish Institute does not mean I have them all copied. There are real piles of paper, and the one needs plenty of time to trawl through them. Now, I do not even have the time to trawl through all the papers I already have. So simple.