View Single Post
Old 20th June 2018, 16:54
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road
Re: 9 December 1943 - YAK 1 loss (Lipfert's 74th victory)

Hello GABOR, sorry about the PM Box being full....I deleted some old messages and now it is all right.

You can contact me also at: baumgartner_asv@yahoo.com.br

The information you added is really amazing; I mean all the cross-checking the 14 GvAP documents and loss list, etc.

May I ask one question for curiosity, when you do mention:
Based on the container No.s the soviet HQ. could check and verify each crew if they really dropped their cargo successfully to the partisans after their radio message. They also knew what stuff the partisans received and what supply should be re-sent during the next mission(s).

Is there recorded on the archives, any kind of reprimand or hierarchical order/penality to the crews who brought back their containers? I mean, if a crew did not manage to drop the supplies and containers on two consecutive missions or on alternate missions, were they posted away? Were they reprimanded officially? I remember some 138 and 161 Squadrons missions that were not successful and the crew returned days later or next night...and there were several unsuccessful missions recorded by the same crew on days, then a good one. I am trying to understand if the VVS did consider this natural (Navigation problems, enemy action that caused them to abort mission, etc.) or if this was a problem for a crew...

Am always learning here on the Fórum thanks to guys like you and the other "ACES".

Cheerio

Adriano B.