Thread: Frank Olynyk
View Single Post
Old 7th March 2022, 00:26

Russell is on a distinguished road
Re: Frank Olynyk

Extremely sad to hear of the passing of my friend and colleague Frank Olynyk. A valued member of the Grub Street authors club, and a colleague on the Mediterranean Air War series I had known Frank for 30 years or more and we met up every few years at our favourite London place the National Archives. Always friendly, always helpful he is a sad loss. His sister is going to try to sort out his collections. It will be a difficult task as she cant even get on his computer as yet. For those who don't know Frank has been collection fighter pilot data for years especially on aces. He has copies of all reprots available on claims by the USAAF,USMC and US Navy fom WWI to date, and the same for the British services, and the RAAF, RNZAF, Fins and Germans and much more. He had a huge book collection, certainly every book on or written by an ace and most of them signed. My hope is they will find a good home where his legacy can live on. Good bye Frank, thank you for being a friend and colleague and rest in peace.

Russell Guest