View Single Post
Old 9th September 2018, 12:01

JonOlsen88 is on a distinguished road
Re: Me 262 B3+AL Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumabe View Post
Hello,
Your link to falkeeins.blogspot.com is missing: ( Sorry, the page you were looking for in this blog does not exist.)

Well, you know your me 262 is a fake. The white lightning painted is add by a software. Normaly the shape have to follow the curve of the nose but this lightning is straight ahead.

Best regards.
Lumabe.
Hm...a lot of people have expressed that it's fake. Are you sure that the shape of the lightning bolt doesn't follow the curve of the nose? I actually find it hard to tell from the photo. Also, while I respect your opinion and would like to be open-minded about this, I'm just curious whether you read the arguments of Jean Yves Lorant in favor of the photo's authenticity. He is an expert in aircraft photography from that period and he has examined the original photo carefully. I take your point, but what do you think about the arguments for the photo's authenticity in the article?

I realize this topic was discussed in an earlier thread, but I'd just like to point out that the article on the FalkEins blog was published after most of the posts on that thread, so at the time most people who posted on the thread couldn't have known about Jean Yves Lorant's examination of the photo.

Thoughts?

Best regards,
Jon