View Single Post
Old 29th January 2017, 18:44
Alter Hase

Teresa Maria is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: In General, What is Everyone Doing?

No, not everybody asks for such detailed information about pilots' aerial victories and aircraft. Personally, I'm much more interested in their biographies, including their personal lives (of course, I don't poke my nose into very personal information, but I like to know, for example, whether they were married or had girlfriends, what kind of families they came from, etc.). Questions about, for example, the serial number of Walter Nowotny's Focke-Wulf, I find simply boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncazonk View Post
I'm trying to understand why such ultra-specific, super-detailed questions about Luftwaffe pilots, crash events and individual aircraft details are nearly all that is asked on this forum. (This is an honest question, please don't flame me.)

As for me, I'm working on a screenplay (for a major motion picture production company) circa late 1943 about the struggle for air superiority over Europe from primarily the German/Luftwaffe perspective. So details are wonderful, but some of the questions (and the amount of incredibly specific information that everyone seems to have in reply) is almost off the hook crazy. Wow.

Are people writing super detailed unit/pilot/aircraft histories? What's going on here?

Bronc