View Single Post
Old 7th May 2017, 06:12

Milos Gazdic is on a distinguished road
Re: A new JG 26 Chronicle?

Dear Erik et al

I am sorry for joining this discussion late... but as an owner of most if not all of the Erik's books in English and some in German & even French (which I do not understand at all)...

As a person who worked in graphic design (and in publishing as a freelancer) and being interested in all these German things with wings in WWII that you guys research in such a detail, I can tell that there are few ways to go:

1) Publishing in one language (I guess English being the most universal) and then issuing additional book that would feature no photos but only translated texts as either: 1a) softcover books which will be cheap to print or 2b) pdf files which will be less interested to people to copy & distribute since there will be no photos in it. It will be harder to follow but still easier than translating with the dictionary.

2) Publishing on demand. Basically all the prepares process is already digital as someone mentioned it before. So the difference is only a printing process from standard offset printing press to digital press. And digital presses came to a level that is even higher than standard presses... it's just a matter of finding a publisher who can guarantee high level output & then all the benefits (no stock, lower initial investment etc...) are paying off.

3) Publishing in PDF and then protecting the file with password and serial number of the file... which can easily be traced back if the file has leaked. I believe that some of our forum members are doing same thing to protect their issues (Andrew?). This way it can easily be traced back to the person who did the fraud & even legal actions can be initialized... or person banned from further purchases.

Just my 2 cents.
M