View Single Post
Old 26th September 2005, 00:42

kolekcj is on a distinguished road
Re: Bombing civilian targets by the Luftwaffe?

As the topic seems to be rather provocation, than attempt to build interesting disucssion, one has to answer himself why he takes part in it?
I do it only because Marius Emmerling cooperate with the same publisher that I do, and I wouldn't like to hear in futer that I have something in common with such a type of history investigation. The level of discussion is soo weak, that I bearly read the first page of it. Nevertheless I found answer to Marius question in his own post.

Marius Emmerling: "At first on 25th September Luftwaffe started bombing of Warsaw which also caused considerable damage to civilian districts. All earlier attacks were made against purely military targets. And don`t forget Warsaw was declared as a "fortress". Fact is it was a battle zone since 8th September as first German tanks tried to come in."

You state the date of first civilian attack yourself. Declaring some city to be a fortress does not mean that killing civilians in it is excused.

As said German general Ludendorff "Der krieg ist kein Rechenexempel". Therefor in Wielun could die more people than you count in your Rechenexempel. Your dobuts that Polish estimations are unbalanced ,because they considered Polish victims, could be accepted; if you would use the same rule for German sources considering German activity in WW II.

And one more thing that stroke me at the last page of the discussion.

Marius Emmerling: " So in your opinion killing Polish civilians was a "war crime" in every case, even if completely not intended."

Even today (no matter if in Poland, or in Germany) when you kill someone in not intended way, it shall be penalised. It is penalised, because it is strongy believed that one should act in such way, that others life won't be endangered and respected as much as possible.

I don't even hope, that this will make you think about some things in different way. Therefor this is my first, and last post in this topic.

regards,

Julian M. Skelnik